In mid August I put out a call for nominations for a faculty-led workgroup that will develop the vision, mission, values, goals, and strategies for our next strategic plan. The response from the campus community was tremendous. We received over 500 nominations.
Today I am pleased to announce the names of our colleagues who will help set priorities for the University's next strategic plan.
- Karen Hanson, Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs and Provost, Chair*
- Neil Anderson, Director, University of Minnesota Extension
- Barb Bezat, Archivist, University Libraries
- Renee Cheng, Professor, College of Design
- Will Durfee, Professor, College of Science and Engineering*
- Carl Flink, Associate Professor, College of Liberal Arts
- Ann Hagen, Assistant Program Director, School of Dentistry
- Reuben Harris, Professor, College of Biological Sciences
- Mick Hedberg, Undergraduate, College of Liberal Arts
- Brian Herman, Vice President, Research*
- Brooks Jackson, Dean and Vice President, Academic Health Center*
- Mary Jo Kane, Professor, College of Education and Human Development
- Tim Kehoe, Professor, College of Liberal Arts
- Joe Konstan, Professor, College of Science and Engineering
- Al Levine, Liaison for Special Initiatives, Provost's Office*
- Elizabeth Lightfoot, Professor, College of Education and Human Development
- Becky Malkerson, Interim President, University of Minnesota Foundation
- Meghan Mason, Graduate Student, School of Public Health
- Bill O'Neill, Associate District Director, Facilities Management
- Richard Pfutzenreuter, Vice President, Finance*
- Abel Ponce de Leon, Professor, College of Food, Agricultural and Natural Resource Sciences
- Carissa Schively Slotterback, Associate Professor, Humphrey School of Public Affairs
- Catherine Squires, Associate Professor, College of Liberal Arts
- G. David Tilman, Regents Professor, College of Biological Sciences
- Jakub Tolar, Associate Professor, Medical School
- Chris Uggen, Professor, College of Liberal Arts
- Kamil Ugurbil, Professor, Medical School
- Pamela Wheelock, Vice President, University Services*
- Amelious Whyte, Assistant Dean, Office of Student Affairs
- Aks Zaheer, Professor, Carlson School of Management
I want to thank these individuals for their commitment and service to the University, and I look forward to working with them as they pursue this important work.
Please note that I have also charged this group with developing a meaningful, timely engagement plan to reach out to stakeholders as their work moves forward. For the University's strategic plan to be actionable, it must be informed by a diversity of voices and opinions.
Thanks to all of you for your interest and continued engagement in this process.
Eric W. Kaler
This update was emailed by President Kaler on September 13 to Twin Cities faculty and staff.